Monday 28 April 2008

Year 4 Fiction - Keeping a Dilemma Diary




L.O. To record dilemmas and moral questions that arise in day-to-day life and in reading

Stories need problems; they need conflict. Click here to learn more.

In class we have been studying dilemmas. We come across all sorts of dilemmas in everyday life; the books we read are full of dilemmas.

Your homework is to collect the dilemmas you come across in your day-to-day life, and in your reading, and present them in a 'dilemma diary'.

Here are some examples:

* In H.I.V.E (a book I'm reading), the main character has to decide whether to run away or stay and help his new friend.

* Yesterday, a nasty little voice in my head told me to eat the last chunk of chocolate when nobody was looking.

* On Friday, I couldn't decide whether to go and see a friend, or pretend that I was too busy to go out.

* A vegetarian friend smelt a bacon sandwich and was really tempted to have one herself...

Listen to that 'nasty little voice' that pops up in your head, and jot down what 'he's' telling you to do. You can present your dilemmas work in the best way you can think of - as a diary, a poster, a model (a question mark covered in dilemmas), like this:



Be creative! We'll be writing a story about one of your dilemmas in our next session!

Note: Please don't include any names in your work, or someone may get upset, e.g. 'A nasty little voice told me not to play with Sally, because she'd borrowed my rubber and not given it back' can be written 'A nasty little voice told me not to play with a friend, because they hadn't looked after my things.'

Due: Next Tuesday (6th May)

No comments: