Monday 21 April 2008

Year Six Magazine Work - P.G. Wodehouse's The Drones Club



Click here for useful links and information on the fsg pupil wiki.

Homework: Write a dialogue between two members of the Drones Club and a servant about a prank (a trick) on a third member of the club. Write 1 sides of A4, and use as much Wodehousian slang as you can! Remember, the Drones Club members are twits; the servants are the smart ones!

An example opening:

“Hullo, old bean!” cried Pongo.
“Oh, how are you, my good man?” enquired Catsmeat
Pongo lowered his voice: “I’ve bad blood with Lord Emsworth. That blighter gave me a five shilling fine for stealing a policeman’s helmet! I thought the old poop was going to throw me in the jug!”


Don't forget to check the punctuation of your direct speech!Feeling clever? Try to include semi-colons and colons as part of your prose.

No comments: