Tuesday, 6 October 2009
Year 5 Fiction: Rescue!
Please finish writing the first draft of your rescue story. Write 1 1/2 sides of A4. Your aim is to include our suspense techniques:
* Impact sentences (3-4 word sentences)
* Using dashes
* Scary sounds
* Suspicious movements in the shadows
* Mentioning how dark and cold it is
* Asking questions, e.g. "Was I alone?"
* Talk about the character sweating
* Talk about the character’s heart
* Have the character call out, and tell themselves that there is nothing to worry about.
Feeling clever? Don't forget to include lots of characterisation.. This video introduces you to some of the key skills for making your character seem real: