Sunday 29 November 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009 - I've Won! Yippee!


Phew! With twenty-four hours to spare, I've completed NaNoWriMo 2009. I've written 50,000 words in just thirty days! I've been looking forward to taking part all year, and I'm so delighted that I managed to do it! The last couple of thousand words were a bit of a slog, but what has surprised me most is that the more I wrote, the easier things became. And it really has been enormous fun to spend so much time immersing myself in writing a story.

The novel isn't 'finished' - I've only really completed chapters 1,2, half of chapter 3 and most of chapter 5, with bits of 6, 7 and 8 (don't even ask about chapter four!) - and it will all need an awful lot of redrafting and editing, but I'm delighted I managed to get so much down on paper in such a short period.

Here's to doing it again next year!

No comments: